TolkienAcrossTheWater
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 07:29:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Alternatives for BG2. More choices!
7088 Posts in 909 Topics by 89 Members
Latest Member: Rhaella
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  TolkienAcrossTheWater
|-+  Gaming: NWN2
| |-+  NWN 2 Discussion
| | |-+  A dance with rogues part 1 and 2 by Valine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A dance with rogues part 1 and 2 by Valine  (Read 3373 times)
Moirnelithe
Playtester
Man-At-Arms

« on: February 16, 2009, 03:30:30 PM »

If you aren't easily offended by mature content and haven't tried playing this mod yet you really really should. It's the first player mod I've ever played and I still think it's brilliant. Yes it has a lot (and I mean a lot!) of sexually explicit stuff in it, but the story, quests and characters are excellent. The mod is for NWN 1 only but it's definitely worth the install if you have it. Vico is the only chaotic evil character that actually feels chaotic evil in any rpg I've played, Bishop is a pussycat compared to him. The mod is written for human female characters. You can play other races but the custom clothing haks don't really work with them so I really advise sticking to humans. The mod is written for rogue classes, although sorceresses work provided you pick the right spells (a pixy rogue familiar helps a lot) and make sure you have a few skill points in pick pocketing at level 2. Any alignment will work although you'll probably find you'll end up chaotic because of the thieving opportunities. The mod provides many fleshed out romances although I personally tend to keep ending up with the blackguard Vico. You start the mod at level 1 but it's possible to end at level 18 or so by the end of part 2. Warning: do not let your kids play this if you have any!

Bishop as he should have looked in NWN2 !
Laelia
Playtester
Squire

One lute to rule them all...

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »

I did play it and it's awesome. Especially the Drow Romance.  Cool

The mature content wasn't offensive at all... it wove into the Story nicely, making it more believable.

It needs a NWN2 conversion, now that I think of it...

Art is Magic.
Metrophor
Cosmic Horror
Man-At-Arms

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 04:16:37 PM »

There's a drow romance?
GIMMEH. =D
*grabbyhands*

Stress is when you wake up screaming, and realize you haven't gone to sleep yet.
Laelia
Playtester
Squire

One lute to rule them all...

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 04:25:43 PM »

Yes, but it is somewhere in ADWR #2 if I recall correctly. Still, the series is interesting enough to keep you playing until that point. The other romances are nice, too, but the drow makes everything else pale in comparison.  Grin

Art is Magic.
Only2morrow
Playtester
Man-At-Arms

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »

I completely agree, from what I've heard some of the other one's are nice, but I love the drow romance  Grin Evil

Never tried romancing Vico... I just can't get past what happens at the beginning.
Metrophor
Cosmic Horror
Man-At-Arms

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 04:51:27 PM »

*gleeeeeeee*
I must try this mod, mmmyesssss.
I don't even care if my internet provider sends someone to break my kneecaps for going over the download limit (again).

Stress is when you wake up screaming, and realize you haven't gone to sleep yet.
Spidercat
Playtester
Squire

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 05:38:54 PM »

I tried it, given all the fuss about it I even gave it a whole evening.
I was not offended by mature content, I even looked forward to it, thought it would be original and, well... refreshing... after a fashion  Grin
but bleh I was bored, simply bored  Undecided
Maybe I'll give it another try some time... when I'm bored...  Grin

Wow, Sand... Do you always lay down a girl at first meeting? Not that I complain, but I'd rather you leave uncle Duncan out of the picture.
Gisellebelle
Noober

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 09:35:35 PM »

I have played thru and I love ADWR 1&2! I have romanced Vico and am in the process of a romance with Rizzen now. I agree that it would be GREAT if some very talented person would re-do this for NWN2
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: